Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Shaceship - 3D Mesh

For the second week of studio we were to transform out initial form, but this time only in 2D, on paper. I found this very difficult as gravity was a big part of my initial model and it's hard to draw gravity. After struggling for inspiration, I decided to use my own model as the inspiration using it as the starting point for the week.


Here is my pinup.


By drawing line segments from points off the previous unit and connecting them to make facets I came up with spaceship shape. This is a section cut lengthwise through the object.


This is a section cut width wise.


Finally a section of the piece made with leafs and twigs. I used these materials to hopefully soften the look of the project and ot realize that the object was just skin and bones.

No comments: